RemAud Release Notes
Version 2.1 - October 21, 2020
44.1 kHz added to the sample rates of the PCM codec in the settings (8 kHz, 11 kHz, 22 kHz and 44.1 kHz). Sample rates of 22 or 44.1 kHz may not be supported by your system.
Version 2.0 - June 21, 2020
RemAud is now available as 64-bit application. If you have installed a previous RemAud (32-bit) application, install RemAud V2 and run both Server and Client. The application will automatically import all settings from a previous RemAud V1 installation. RemAud V1 can then be deinstalled.
Note: A 64-bit RemAud V2 Client can talk to a 32-bit RemAud V1 Server and vice versa.
There are (still) no functional differences between version 1.10 and 2.0 except that the DSP bandpass filter is not available anymore with RemAud Version 2.
Version 1.10 - May 26, 2019
- Only one instance of RemAud Server and RemAud Client can be started now.
- New option to show RemAud Client in the System Tray when minimized.
- New option to start RemAud Server minimized in the System Tray.
- New Windows registry option to auto-start RemAud Server when the user logs on to Windows.
- New RemAud Client command line parameter to auto-connect to a RemAud Server passing the connection name in the command line.
Version 1.9 - March 28, 2016
- RemAud Server: PTT Tail Time added.
- RemAud Client: PTT Foot Switch connection between DSR and DTR pins of a serial port added.
Version 1.8 - October 4, 2015
- Added PTT COM port control options to be able to set either the (unused) RTS or DTR pin to "Always Off" or "Always On".
- The PTT is switched off when you are transmitting and loosing the connection to the server.
- RemAud now uses the registry to store user settings. The registry key is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DF3CB\RemAud\.
Version 1.7 - August 4, 2013
- New PTT function in RemAud Client to be able to transmit using a foot switch.
Version 1.6 - January 20, 2013
- Changing the server port on the fly did not always work. Fixed.
- New Transmit button (keyboard shortcut T) in RemAud Server to test and toggle the PTT function if available.
Version 1.5 - January 6, 2013
- Clean installation setup under Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
- No funtional changes this time.
Version 1.4 - October 20, 2012
- Bug fix: If one user disconnected from the server, the other connected user got no more audio.
- Bug fix: New Codec request from client could fail and reconnect was necessary.
- GSM 6.10 Codec with two new sample rates 11 and 22 kHz.
Version 1.3 - October 13, 2012
- Latency significantly improved both on server and client.
- Buffer length of server can be changed while clients are connected.
- Support of PTT (Push-to-talk) over COM port when transmitting.
- Settings dialog re-structured.
Version 1.2 - September 1, 2012
- Too many buffers were used in the soundcard output processing which could lead to long audio delays after some runtime of the client.
- Major improvements in reducing the latency of the soundcard output processing. The soundcard latency can be reduced by setting an buffer overrun value in the Client Audio Codec Settings.
Version 1.1 - August 31, 2012
- Memory leaks fixed and audio stream interruptions reduced.
- New compressed Codec GSM 6.10 added (mono, 8 bit, 1.6 kb/s transfer rate).
- Changed client codec requests don't interrupt the connection anymore.
- Buffer length of the server (in msec) can be adjusted. See Server Audio Codecs.
Version 1.0 - August 26, 2012
- First release of RemAud
Back to Download