Development of this software has ended. There will be no future versions of this software.
BV Version 7 - Features
BV is a professional software for the QSL Management and Label/QSL Printing under Windows® - developed and distributed by Bernd Koch, DF3CB - since 1989. It is mainly designed for the contester and QSL manager with high QSL quantities but useful for all other QSL'ing purposes as well. BV is freeware! BV is only available via the Internet.
- Multiple log application - very useful for multi-call DXpeditions.
- Comfortable and fast log search capabilities.
- QSL manager database support plus manager import and export.
- Display logs sorted by call signs, chronologically or by QSL managers, to find all stations that a particular manager handles.
- Answer SWL cards.
- Edit wrong log data.
- Footer Lines, Statistics etc.
- Start printing at label position # (label sheet saver)
- Includes all UHF/SHF and Microwave bands, all digital modes and sub modes.
- Reverse printing, print a range of pages
- Fully customizable log grid options
- Print multiple QSO's (up to 18) for the same call sign on one common label.
- Label printing on any sizes and formats or direct printing on QSLs without labels.
- Many, many sort and select criteria for printing QSO's, e.g. ignore duplicate contacts.
- Sorted printout of QSL labels in accordance with the QSL bureau rules.
- Sorted printout of US callsigns by call districts.
- Print particular selected or marked QSOs.
Visual QSL Label Designer
- Very flexible Visual Label Designer. Completely re-designed. No more try and error.
- 1490 predefined label formats from 31 manufacturers.
- Layout can completely be customized incl. colored printing, graphics etc.
- Layout wizard
- Maximum of 18 QSO lines
- Move and position layout elements precisely via the keyboard
- Rotate text and data fields
- Expressions (data fields plus text)
- Memo fields for large text
- Support for JPEG image files
- Cut, copy and paste of elements, undo function, send to back, bring to front
- Grouping of elements
- X-Y-position indicator for all elements
- Add missing fields and QSO lines automatically
- Analyze wrong layout settings
- Create layout templates automatically
- Double-click to change element attributes
- Printer setup
- File history
- Prints on any Windows®-supported printer.
Log Conversion Utility
- Great and flexible log import, export, log merge and maintenance capabilities.
- Imports 36 different logbook formats like ADIF (Amateur Data Interchange Format), any dBase, ASCII and CSV ("comma separated value" files), CT, NA, TRLog, WF1B and many others.
- Update mode when importing into existing logs.