FT2000RC Release Notes
Version 2.8 - June 12, 2019
Major release after a very long break.
- Siginificant improvements on the FT DX 5000 user interface and CAT control.
- Parametric Microphone Equalizer function and the Transceiver Menu function are now available for the FT DX 5000.
- Internally redesigned user interface for slightly better performance.
- Analog and digital meter available for the FT-2000 and FT DX 5000 user interface.
- Enable or disable meter information by clicking on the meter.
- Improved transceiver auto-detect function.
- Connect to another remote base or transceiver with just one mouse-click.
- Modes FT8, FT4 and JS8 added and improved FT8/JT65 report entry.
- Introduction of submodes in compliance with the ADIF standards. Modes such as PSK31, PSK63, PSK125 are automatically converted to PSK.
- 60m added to the DX Spots filters and Wanted list.
- New optional bullshit filter to remove totally useless PLEASE, THANKS and NIL phrases out of the cluster spot comments.
- Setting to reduce the +/- range of the Clarifier slider and new shortcut keys fo the Clarifier.
- Downloading LoTW QSL reports works again after TLS changes at ARRL.
- Presets for CW, Phone, RTTY and JT modes with one click in the lower status bar.
- DJ Controller interface removed.
Documentation still not updated.
Version 2.7 - March 12, 2016
- The Log Book can now be filtered on DXCC entities.
- DX Spots panel has a new Reset button to reset all filters with one click.
- DX Cluster Telnet panel displays the call area - if available.
- Bug fix: DX Cluster Telnet panel displayed the wrong long path distance.
- Bug fix: ADIF codes of CE0Y Easter Island and CE0X San Felix were swapped by mistake.
Version 2.6.1 - February 20, 2016
- Bug fix: wrong headings and distances were shown for call areas.
- Startup of FT2000RC a little optimized.
Version 2.6 - February 14, 2016
- New Meter for the FT-950 and FT-2000.
- Parametric Microphone Equalizer Window now also available for the FT-950 and FT DX 5000.
- Contest Logging: New Numbers only property for the Ser TX and Ser RX fields as option in the Log Panel.
- Possible call parsing errors fixed and call parsing generally improved. The Log Window now displays call areas - if available - and exact headings.
- The four status LEDs in the CW Panel client restructured.
- Possible access violation fixed when closing FT2000RC Server or Client.
- New menu item "Show Meter Information" under the Controls Menu. This enables or disbles the server to send S-Meter and CW bargraph information. Disabling the meter information can siginificantly reduce data traffic in case of a slow internet connection and decreases the latency.
- New menu item "Download Data Files" under the Log Menu. Use this to update Country Files and the DXCC Data File.
- List of Telnet DX Clusters updated.
Version 2.5.1 - December 30, 2015
- Bug fix on V2.5: FT2000RC stopped receiving DX spots after a while and FT2000RC had to be restarted.
- FT950 Control: SWR Meter shows right values now.
- Start, Stop, Clear and Save buttons added to the CAT Monitor.
Version 2.5 - December 26, 2015
FT2000RC 2.5 is mainly a bug fix on the FT-950 control. Special thanks to Sebastian, SP7DSI, on the outstanding help to fix open FT-950 control issues.
- Remote Audio Server > Server PTT: Added PTT COM port control options to be able to set either the (unused) RTS or DTR pin to "Always Off" or "Always On".
- DSP CONTOUR, NOTCH, WIDTH and SHIFT bargraphs display again.
- Green BUSY LED indicator VFO A is now working.
- VFO RX A and B buttons now indicate mute state of the receiver through a flashing LED.
- VOX Level slider sets and shows CW Break-In delay on CW and VOX delay on other modes. That wasn't properly working after changing modes.
- DX Spots filter for 60m added.
- Quick frequency entry popup after hitting the ENT button in the Band Keys panel or using the keyboard shortcut Shift-Ctrl-Enter.
- Improved Memory Channel display.
FT-950 control - Fixed Issues
- The mode display (LSB, USB, CW, ...) was not reflecting what is seen on the radio's display after changing mode.
- TX LED glows now on transmit and the BUSY LED on receive.
- Frequency display did not change when transmitting in split mode or with VFO RX B button activated.
- VFO-A (RX) and VFO-B (RX) Switches/Indicators are now working properly. Same for VFO B (TX) Switch/Indicator (split mode).
- Meter Switch got stuck in the ALC position.
- Power control slider is now setting and showing the right power levels.
- CLEAR button resets SHIFT, WIDTH, CONT and NOTCH to their defaults (when these buttons are activated). CONT and NOTCH are each reset to 1500 Hz.
- Clicking on the SHIFT, WIDTH, CONT and NOTCH buttons sets the focus to the matching slider bars respectively.
- DSP CONTOUR and NOTCH bargarphs are showing again.
- Possible strange behavior with the VOX Delay Level, Monitor Level and Power Level sliders fixed.
- VFO B knob controls either Clarifier or Frequency B depending on the VFO-B (RX) Switch.
- Sub Dial functions now working with the FT-950.
Version 2.4 - September 5, 2015
- Full integration of MMTTY Engine for RTTY.
- Improved LoTW integration and LoTW QSL record download using TQSL 2.
- Four presets available under the Tuning Menu to save and load specific transceiver settings for CW, SSB, RTTY and JT65/JT9.
- Different log book bug fixes and improvements.
- Cabrillo log export.
- DX Cluster commands to be sent after connect.
- Turn AGC off by right-click on the AGC button.
- FT2000RC Server: New Meter switch to disable sending S-meter values to clients to reduce traffic in case of slow internet connection.
- Fixed: Power slider bar did not always show the right power level.
The documentation will be updated later.
Version 2.3 - November 17, 2013
- Significant performance improvement of DX Spots processing (2000x faster) and call sign parsing (600x faster).
- LoTW log book upload: Integration with TQSL 2.0 fixed and improved.
- Fixed: FT2000RC had to be restarted when connecting to another server, the audio port still connected to the previous server.
- Fixed: Audio volume slider works now under Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
- Fixed: Hint of Playback Channel 2 button fixed.
- Fixed: The captions of the Playback buttons did not change after changing mode
Version 2.2.1 - July 16, 2013Release 2.2.1 is a bug fix.
- The antenna switch did not work. No other changes.
Version 2.2 - July 6, 2013Release 2.2 features mainly two new user interfaces for the YAESU FT-950 and FT DX 5000.
- User interfaces for the YAESU FT-950 and FT DX 5000.
- New VRF/µTune control slider for the FT-2000 user interface.
- The Alpha 87A interface and support is removed. Please use my stand-alone application at df3cb.com/alpha87a/
- The ATT, IPO, R.FLT and AGC buttons of the FT-2000 user interface now also have a up function ( if you click the upper half of the buttons).
- The YAESU Rotator presets have been removed.
- Complete Documentation update.
Version 2.1 - June 15, 2013Release 2.1 is a major release with some 60 new features and enhancements. The most important are:
- Full integration between DX Cluster Spots, Band Map and Log Book.
- Integrated Band Plan.
- Highly enhanced Band Map.
- More DX Spot Filters and Clear options.
- Different DX Spot colors to distinguish wanted spots, logged QSOs, beacons.
- Signing of LoTW ADIF files using TQSL and automatic Log Book upload to LoTW.
- Full QRZ.com XML Callsign Lookup integration.
- Band Scanner with S-Meter scope for VFO A and VFO B.
- Exact heading and distance based on the grid locator entered in the Log Panel.
- Ctrl+Enter to insert own spots into the DX Cluster Tab and Band Map.
- Alt+F3 to send prepared DX Cluster spots.
- Shift+F10 to send VFO B to VFO A.
- Escape from anywhere in the application to set the focus back to either the Log panel or CW panel.
- JT9 mode added.
- Different Log Book import/export bug fixes.
- Different DX Cluster spot bug fixes.
Version 2.0 - April 7, 2013
Release 2.0 is a rework of open items, optimization of many routines and it will have new features.
You can install FT2000RC V2 in your old FT-2000 Remote Control program folder but it is recommended to install it in a new program folder/group. FT2000RC V2 has a new clean installer. It tries to copy your old settings into the new installation. FT2000RC V2 is still developed under Windows XP SP3. The installer let's the program run in XP SP3 mode and as administrator under Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
New Features and Enhancements
- Change to a new, integrated skinning component. You will notice some minor changes of the program skin.
- Improved and cleaner installation under Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
- FT2000RC contains the same improvements as RemAud.
- Latency significantly improved both on server and client.
- Buffer length of server can be changed while clients are connected.
- Support of PTT (Push-to-talk) over COM port when transmitting.
- GSM 6.10 Codec with two new sample rates 11 and 22 kHz.
- Bug fix: If one user disconnected from the server, the other connected user got no more audio.
- Bug fix: New Codec request from client could fail and reconnect was necessary.
- Many of the drop-down menus had the German for Strg instead of Ctrl.
- The VRF button did not work anymore.
- If you changed the caption of a CW message, the on-screen buttons display did not change until the mode was changed or the program re-booted.
- Log Book highlights other QSOs with a selected station and highlights the QSO currently in Edit mode.
- QSL Information is taken from the last QSO you have had with a logged station and suggested.
- Different ADIF export bugs fixed.
DX Cluster Tab
- Double-click in the DX Cluster tab puts the DX callsign into the call edit field of the log and sets the transceiver frequency.
- Wanted DX Spot List in the Settings extended. All bands or specific bands of wanted spots can now be higlighted.
- Right-click option to clear useless Cluster spots and intracontinental spots in the DX Spots Tab.
- Different bug fixes.
- RF Gain A/B sliders have an exponential scale now because RF gain below 50 is useless. This way we get a finer control.
- FT2000RC Server has a Settings Button now and all settings can be done in FT2000RC Server.
- Improvements on Sub Dial Function. VFO B shows up/down buttons when the Sub Dial Function is active.
- Power switch button goes off after disconnect from server.
- The YAESU Rotator window can be resized at the bottom.
- Support of Numark DJ2GO DJ controller.
- Sending of microHAM Router FSK Messages.
- VFO B shows an orange circle as tuning help when holding and moving the mouse over the VFO B knob.
- Support of transverters.
- YAESU Rotator. The initial starting point as set in FT-2000 menu #12 was ignored (showing 180 for example instead of 0 deg.).
- YAESU Rotator presets for most used directions which can be defined in the Settings. This has to be tested, I don't have a YAESU rotator!
Version 1.11.3 - September 9, 2012
- Bug fix: Processor button did not work when Mic Equalizer was on.
- Bug fix: FT-2000 D model and Menu no. 144 - Maximum Output Power. It showed the 100 watt version numbers. The 2000D power levels are 20, 50, 100, 200.
- VOX Delay and CW Break-In Delay can be changed in 15 steps (20ms to 5000ms)
Version 1.11.2 - September 2, 2012
Remote Audio bug fixes and improvements.
- Too many buffers were used in the soundcard output processing which could lead to long audio delays after some runtime of the client.
- Major improvements in reducing the latency of the soundcard output processing. The soundcard latency can be reduced by setting an buffer overrun value in the Client Audio Codec Settings.
Version 1.11.1 - August 30, 2012
Remote Audio bug fixes and improvements.
- Memory leaks fixed and audio stream interruptions reduced.
- New compressed Codec GSM 6.10 added (mono, 8 bit, 1.6 kb/s transfer rate).
- New client codec requests doesn't interrupt the connection anymore.
- Problems under Windows 7 fixed.
- Audio server ports other than 4000 could not be registered.
- Ports below 1024 now allowed but not recommended.
- The Wave out device was not stored in the Server Audio settings.
Version 1.11.0 - August 26, 2012
The remote audio solution is also available as a separate stand-alone client-server solution. Please check df3cb.com/remaud/.
Version 1.10.4 - August 12, 2012
If you run FT2000RC in a client-server-environment be sure to update both client and server!
- Bug fixes on the K1EL WinKey integration and further improvements.
- The CW speed bar is showing Min and Max WPM speed now.
Version 1.10.3 - July 29, 2012
- Introducing a new Clarifier slider to be able to better control the clarifier
- No more Wide display mode if you are running the software on screens with a resolution of less than 1292 pixels width.
- Bug fix: Yaesu Rotor. The rotor status has to be polled. It was however not polled after each boot-up of the program.
- Improved Alpha 87A amplifier integration.
- A few improvements and bug fixes on the log book.
- QSOs can now be deleted.
- The call sign edit field can now be used to send CW text and reports other than 599. "DF3CB 5" for example changes the sent report from 599 to 559 and sends "DF3CB 559". No need to jump to the RST TX field. See the chapter Logging.
- It can also be used to enter a transceiver frequency directly.
- The cursor selects the second number of the report when tab-ing from the call sign field to the report fields.
DX Cluster Tab
- Two new command buttons left of the Connect button to send customised commands like SH/WWV with one click.
- Option to show all spots, only spots outside of your own continent or only spots outside of your own country. The third option can be useful in particular for US stations who do not want to have US spots shown in the DX Cluster Tab. Note: all spots are always listed in the DX Spots Tab and in the Band Map.
- New option: Newest spots always on top of the list, not at the bottom.
- Bug fix: The country of NA stations signing /R like VE7JH/R was identified as Russia.
DX Spots Tab
- New right-click options to clear spots older than two hours, older than one hour or to clear all spots from the display.
- New DX Spots lifetime option. The DX spots are automatically cleared when the DX spot is older than the lifetime.
- New filter button to filter out DX spots from your own country. This option can be useful in particular for US stations, otherwise Caribbean spots get lost.
- Remove unwanted spots by hitting the Delete key in the DX Spots Tab.
- CW Messages. 0 can be cut to T when sending CW reports.
- A few little changes in the CW window. The speed of the WinKey speed pot is shown as hint when holding the mouse over the CW speed bar.
- K1EL WinKey integration improved. See the chapter Setting > K1EL WinKey.
Version 1.10.2 - June 17, 2012
- FT2000RC supports the FT-2000D (200W) model now. The only difference is the power control level displayed on the meter and the power slider. Can anyone confim that the levels are displayed correctly? I don't have a D-model. TNX.
- The log book tab shows all QSOs in descending order.
- New: Search and filter bar on top of the log book tab. Press Shift+F11 to clear the filter values.
- Bug fix: Propagation mode wasn't handled when editing a QSO.
Version 1.10.1 - June 10, 2012
- Several bug fixes with ADIF imports into the new FT2000RC Log Book.
- Default report is set back to 59/599 after logging a QSO or after a Clear command.
Version 1.10.0 - June 9, 2012
- New: The FT2000RC Log Book is now fully operational. It has two logging modes - a regular and a contest logging mode. Please read the new chapters Logging and Log Menu.
Version 1.9.2 - January 15, 2012
- Minor bug fix: Settings | CW Sidetone: The device names of the available WaveOut devices could be truncated.
Version 1.9.1 - January 14, 2012
- Critical bug fix: If you installed FT2000RC on a PC without any COM ports, the software could not be set up. It expected at least one COM port.
- Critical bug fix: Infinite loops could happen when changing the CW speed or when chaning any other of the sliders. The sliders could change uncontrolled.
- Bug fix: FT-2000 Menue 92 - Contour Gain - allows negative and positive values. FT2000RC could set the Contour Gain negative but not positive.
- Bug fix: If the Contour Gain is set positive the Contour bargraph displays correctly now.
- Change: There is now a common password for all Remote Users. All users are entered in a list and there is no more limitation to only eight users.
- Improved: If the YAESU rotator is rotating, the rotator state is polled every 250 msec. Otherwise every second. (The Rotator state has to be polled).
- New: The last FT-2000 menu node is now stored and opened again next time you open the FT-2000 menu settings.
Version 1.9.0 - October 22, 2011
- External devices: Integration of the FlexSystems FlexControl™ Tuning Knob
- New: YAESU Rotator control through the FT-2000. See Window | YAESU Rotator.
- New: If you are operating remote, the CW playback memories can be played locally on your computer's soundcard when playing the memories.
- Bug fix: The floating pane for the playback channels did not play back the CW messages. CW memory #5 can be sent by using shortcut Ctrl+F5 or by using the Playback Channels panel.
- Bug fix: The CW Speed slider did not work and changed the CW Pitch value
- Bug fix: The MIN WPM and Speed WPM edits were incorrectly labeled under Settings | CW | K1EL WinKey
Version 1.8.4 - September 28, 2011
- New floating Playback Channels window that stays on top of all other applications
- New view mode: Basic Mode (Window | View... | Basic)
- CW Keyboard is not disabled anymore when mode is changed to Voice or Digital
- Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts had to be hit twice if the cursor was positioned in the CW Keyboard
- Fixed: Filter width is updated after every change of mode
- Fixed: Sub RX function switched off Main RX instead of Sub RX
- Fixed: Several "could not focus disabled window" error messages
- Fixed: The spotter of a DX spot was not always shown
- Fixed: Alpha 87A peak power display was not reset when application was set as client
- Country files updated
- Documentation added: FT2000RC Server Setup and Remote Audio
Version 1.8.3 - June 14, 2011
- DX Spots: you can now also filter on continents
- Tuning: New Synchronize VFOs function
- Fixed: Alpha 87A remote control wasn't working when application set as client
- Fixed: CW Sidetone was not opened when application set as client
- Fixed: Different Focus error messages
Version 1.8.2 - June 7, 2011
- Fixed: DX spots could stop showing after a while on some computers
- Several other small bug fixes
Version 1.8.1 - June 5, 2011
- Band Map is now flicker-free
- Fixed: Wanted DX spots were no more filtered in release 1.8
- Documentation updated
Version 1.8 - May 31, 2011
- New: Integration of the microHAM Router Digital Voice Keyer Messages (DVK)
- New: Visual Microphone Equalizer
- Nine instead of six CW message buffers
- Resizing of sub-windows improved
- New: FT2000RC Server event logging
- External devices: support of Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2 added
- Fixed: Contour could not be switched off in modes other than CW
- Programming on log book continued but not yet finished
Version 1.7.1 - May 6, 2011
- Band Map redesigned
Version 1.7 - April 26, 2011
- FT2000RC goes live on the web
Back to Download